INTELLIGENCE AND PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING
1. List and describe the principal categories of psychological tests.
2. Discuss the concepts of standardization and test norms.
3. Explain the meaning of test reliability and validity and how they are estimated.
4. Summarize the contributions of Binet, Terman, and Wechsler to the evolution of intelligence testing.
5. Explain the meaning of an individual''s score on a modern intelligence test.
6. Describe the reliability, validity, and stability of modern intelligence tests.
7. Discuss how well intelligence tests predict vocational success.
8. Discuss the use of IQ tests in non-Western cultures.
9. Describe how mental retardation is defined and divided into various levels.
10. Discuss what is known about the causes of mental retardation.
11. Discuss the identification of gifted children and the personal characteristics and adult achievements of the gifted.
12. Describe the structures (e.g. chromosomes) and processes involved in genetic transmission (chapter 3, pp. 102-108); distinguish genotype from phenotype; define polygenic traits.
13. Summarize evidence from twin studies and adoption studies on heredity affect on intelligence, and discuss the concept of heritability.
14. Summarize evidence from research on adoption, environmental deprivation or enrichment, and home environment showing how experience shapes intelligence.
15. Using the concept of reaction range, explain how heredity and the environment interact to affect intelligence.
16. Discuss proposed explanations for cultural differences in IQ scores.
17. Describe the Featured Study and discuss the possible contributions of stereotype vulnerability and cultural bias to ethnic differences in IQ scores.
18. Describe new trends in the assessment of intelligence; define g; define fluid and crystallized intelligence.
19. Describe Gardener''s theory of intelligence.
20.Discuss how the chapter highlighted three of the text''s unifying themes.
21. Define and discuss the nature of creativity.
22.Describe creativity tests and summarize how well they predict creative achievement.
23.Discuss associations between creativity and personality, intelligence, and mental illness.
24.Explain how appeals to ignorance and reification have cropped up in various debates about intelligence.